How to Install WordPress on XAMPPApril 26, 2018
Top 7 PHP Frameworks For DevelopersApril 28, 2018
For increase website’s ranking in Google search engine it’s important to speed up your WordPress website.
Nobody wait for load a page which is slow. If your website is slow and takes time to load a page then this means you are loosing your visitors. This will decrease the traffic on your website and that will affect your website’s ranking in Google search engine.
There are many options available for boost your WordPress website like:
- Choose a best hosting platform
- Minimize HTTP Requests
- Utilize CDNs & Remove Unused Scripts/Files
- Browser Caching
- Compress Images & Optimize Files
All these steps can help you to improve your website’s speed and decrease page size. Which is important due to SEO purpose. In WordPress caching plugins help you to resolve above mentioned issues and help you boost the speed of your website by manifolds.
So Today, in this article I’ll be sharing top 6 WordPress cache plugins that we can use to speed up any WordPress website with easy steps.
1. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is the most popular and powerful caching plugin for WordPress CMS.
It has more than 1 million downloads in WordPress plugin directory. W3 total cache plugin offers advanced caching mechanisms like object cache, page cache, database cache, browser cache etc. Here are some of the key benefits of using this plugin:
- Improvements in search engine result.
- Increase website performance.
- Improves Website rank on Google.com
- “Instant” repeat page views browser caching
- Reduced page load time.
- Improved web server performance.
If you are using shared hosting servers then this plugin will work great. W3 Total cache plugin integrates with CDN services like MaxCdn, Cloudflare etc.
2. WP Super Cache Plugin
WP Super Cache is also popular and best caching plugin. This plugin generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress website. After an HTML file is generated, your web server serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavy and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
It’s straight forward to setup but has some settings for advanced users which can be used to get more out of the plugin.
Here are some features of WP Super Cache which helps to improve website’s speed by decreasing page load time.
- Support for multiple caching types Mod_Rewrite, PHP and Legacy
- Serve static html files
- Cache preload
- CDN support
- Compress web pages to reduce page loading time
- Mobile support feature.
If you would prefer more flexibility than Cache wnabler but don’t want to deal with object caching and its friends, WP Super Cache is a solid, well-rated option from just about the most trusted developer possible.
3. WP Fastest Cache
The WP Fastest Cache plugin is one of the fastest and best WordPress Cache plugins. It creates static HTML file from dynamic WordPress website.
WP Fastest Cache plugin provides a number of methods to cache your website. Mod Rewrite takes your dynamic WordPress and makes it static. The cached files are deleted at appropriate intervals or based on events such as publishing a page or a post.
Features of WP Fastest Cache:
- Enable or Disable cache option for mobile devices.
- Mod_Rewrite method.
- Admin can delete all cached files.
- Cache Timeout.
- Minify CSS and HTML
- Allows the admin to delete minified CSS and js files.
- Enable or Disable cache option for logged in users.
- Exclude pages and user agents.
- Preload Cache.
- CDN integration
- SSL support.
4. Cache Enabler – WordPress Cache
The Cache Enabler plugin creates static HTML files and stores them on the servers disk on your hosting server.This WordPress cache engine will improve the performance of your WordPress website.
Some features of WP Cache Enabler:
- Efficient and fast disk cache engine
- Automated and/or manual clearing of the cache
- Manually purge the cache of specific pages
- Display of the actual cache size in your dashboard
- WordPress multisite support
- Custom Post Type support
- Expiry Directive
- Supports responsive images via srcset since WP 4.4
- HTTP/2 Focused
5. WP Smushit
WP Smush.it resize, optimize, optimise and compress all of your images on WordPress website, which can improve your website speed, because images of big takes time to load and increase page size.
As a developer, I used this plugin on many website for optimize images and speed up WordPress website.
- Strips un-used color from images
- Strips meta data from JPEG’s
- Optimizing JPEG/PNG/GIF compression
- Integrates with the Smush.it API
- Choose to run existing images through the plugin
6. WP Super Minify
- Extremely straight forward and easy to use.
7. Comet Cache
Comet Cache is one of those plugins that you absolutely MUST have installed for speedup your WordPress website.
Comet Cache plugin provide feature of takes a real-time snapshot of every Page, Post, Category, Link, etc.
- Simple and well documented configuration available.
- Options to control the automatic cache clearing behavior for Home and Posts Page
- HTTP referrer exclusion patterns
- RSS, RDF, and Atom Feed caching.
- Caching for 404 requests to reduce the impact of those requests on the server.